Zipscreen Awnings are Adaptable to Suit Almost Any Outdoor Requirement
You can use Zipscreen blinds anywhere that you require protection from insects, wind, sun or rain. Being custom-made to fit and featuring self-aligning side channels, Zipscreen awnings and blinds can be used as pergola blinds, external roller blinds for windows and other unique areas of your home or business.
Select from a variety of different fabrics. Opt for complete privacy with a blockout screen, or choose a mesh fabric to maintain a mostly unobstructed view of your outdoor surroundings. The versatility of Zipscreen outdoor blinds is impressive!
At Alfresco Blinds Co, we have options to suit different measurement requirements. You can opt for our standard Zipscreen blinds for areas spanning up to 5 metres or choose our new Zipscreen Extreme System for areas up to 7 metres. They are designed for large residential and commercial usage.
These products have a smooth operation with a high wind rating best suited to Melbourne conditions. Zipscreen Blinds provide privacy and all year round protection from the sun, wind and rain.
Zipscreen Extreme specifications
With a high strength, high-quality double locking channel system, Zipscreen blinds can be manually operated or are available with an optional remote control. All are customised to fit your space perfectly ensuring the correct tension while upholding style and sophistication.
The Zipscreen blind is held into the channel by a small zip. Note: there is no actual zipper but just one side of a 5mm Zip. The zip is high frequency welded to the fabric and comes only in Black or Cream. The key advantage of the Zipscreen Zip is that is not seen easily as it only welded on one side of the fabric (the rear side generally) and the zip sits concealed within the channels.
The hardware components of Zipscreen all-weather products include:
- An optional enclosed square cassette box
- Slimline brackets
- Unique self-aligning 26 mm wide side channels with a flat and grooved dual surface
- A bottom strip that reduces gaps at the bottom of the frame
- Flat weight bars in various designs
- The all-important hidden z-LOCK function, ensuring no gaps between the fabric screen and side channels, whilst providing a secure guided movement that won’t blow out in the wind
- An integrated feeding funnel and hidden top stop, allowing zip to be fed through into side channel easily as well as ensuring the blind comes to a stop at the highest point.